Are you homeless right now?

Yes                                            No

If you have chosen 'Yes'...

Moving On Durham does not provide emergency accommodation. If you live in County Durham, you must first ring the local authority, Housing Solutions team on 03000 268 000 (please dial 01388 722 538 if you are ringing out of hours). 

If you do not live in County Durham and need to find your own local authority area, please click here

If you have chosen 'No'...

Telephone: 0191 383 1559

Email: [email protected]

Facebook: Moving On Durham

Can we support you?

Moving On Durham offer both supported and unsupported accommodation. 

Supported accommodation means you have an allocated Support Worker who helps you progress towards independent sustainable living with us for up to one year. 

If you are aged 16-34 and are homeless, or at risk of homelessness, you may be eligible for supported accommodation, if you: 

 have identified support needs 

 have had issues sustaining a tenancy previously 

 are a young person leaving care 

 are you a young person who has never previously held a tenancy

Unsupported accommodation is based on a renewable 6 month tenancy. 

Do you think you may need supported accommodation?

Yes                                            No

If you have chosen 'Yes'...

Referral to our Moving On Housing service is usually made through County Durham Housing Solutions Department. If you have no already made an application, please follow this link or call 03000 268 000 (option 2). 

What should you expect once we have received your referral from Housing Solutions? 

 when we receive your referral, we will contact you to arrange a pre-tenancy session. A pre-tenancy session allows you to fully understand what we offer, what to expect from us, and what we expect from you. It is a great opportunity to ask any questions you may have 

 you will be then informed if our service is suitable for you. If suitable, depending upon availability, you may be placed on our waiting list, or housed with us immediately 

 once housed with us, you will be allocated a worker. You must engage with your worker as it is one of the conditions of our service 

 when you are able to live sustainably and independently in the community, we will support you to move into permanent accommodation 

If you have chosen 'No'...

If you are looking for just a tenancy and you do not need any support, please follow this link for more information. 

Still unsure if you need our support? Then why not give us a ring on 0191 383 1559 to speak with one of our advisers directly. 

Why not take a look at these other agencies who may be able to help: